Brick Page Type Overview
AppWerks has many page types that you can create in your application. But the most useful and most used of all of them is the “Brick” aptly named because with it, you can build most anything in your application. It is the core of any page type and understanding what it can do is critical for any app creators success.
In the video below I go over the core points to understand about a brick:
- HTML Container and the associated WYSIYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor. This gives you control to place any sort of content, including images, onto any page.
- The info container which allows for quick informative information to be displayed above the html container.
- The promo block which gives the user the ability to put a URL linked image above the info container and below the toolbar.
- Structure and Layout controls which let you decide if you should show or hide the toolbar and header as well as configure how the children pages will be displayed.
- Colors and Styling menu which gives you the ability to tweak the font size and color and margins and spacing and templates and a plethora of other configuration settings to help you tweak the pages appearance.
- Standard page settings like forcing inheritance to all children, sorting children alphabetically, and setting the page to be active or not.
Check out the video below for an overview of how to use a brick.